Baldrige Award Recipients Consortium
Baldrige Award Recipients' Consortium was organized in 1992 for the purpose of enhancing the competitiveness and performance of organizations across America. The Institute supports the BAR by facilitating the creation, management, and sharing of knowledge to support the Baldrige award recipients as they maintain their gains in performance and take their organizations to the next level.
BAR Consortium membership is limited to Baldrige recipients. All all current and former Baldrige recipients are eligible to participate in the BAR Consortium events and learning fora.
CEO of DynMcDermott is the new BAR Consortium President! Robert McGough the President and CEO of DynMcDermott Petroleum Operations Company, a 2005 Baldrige Award recipient is the new President of the BAR Consortium. Robert E. McGough joined DynMcDermott Petroleum Operations Company in February 1993 as the site manager of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve's West Hackberry site.
BAR Consortium Mission
Serve as a collaborative community of practice that supports BAR members in their quest towards higher levels of performance excellence by: Sharing benchmarks, best practices, lessons learned, and results to learn from each other in a reciprocal and confidential forum; and Participating in a mutually beneficial research agenda with academics.
BAR Key Success Factors
- Provide recommendations to the Baldrige National Quality Award Program regarding future award and criteria enhancements.
- Manage a Knowledge Management system.
- 100% Active participation from 2006 forward - "No recipient left behind."
- Publish reports and articles.
- Private (BAR Members only) reports and articles.
- Measurable benefits – positive ROI for individual member organizations.
- Member organization performance.
- Lessons learned approach to continually improve the BAR itself.
- Defined processes including roles and responsibilities.
- Continuity of BAR leadership.